Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shots Fired / Free Finnish Death Metal

I was just chillin outside, doing some totally pagan yard work, when all of a sudden the police helicopter swept my neighborhood up and down for nearly 40 minutes. Unfortunately, my camera is temporarily out of order and I couldn't capture images of the ghetto bird over my house, but this link will provide the explanation - a special Thanksgiving triple shooting 5 blocks from where I live - also right in back of the local Catholic Church. Newsday already has the scoop, with a shot of Suffolk County's finest taping off the block...
Triple shooting in Huntington Station

Last night I saw the Huntington Holiday parade in town. It was the first time I saw the Guardian Angels walk the streets of Huntington....

......................................................................................................................................................................


Anyway, while I'm here, might as well hype some Finnish Death Metal...

Because I'm totally necro, I'm marking the chaos by having a drink to Refusal's "Short on Ammo" demo, which I downloaded for free. You can to - they have all of their releases available on their website here :

Refusal (Finland)

In a nutshell, Refusal is raw and forceful. Somewhere between Extreme Noise Terror and Deranged with very little regard for subtlety - just like the Suffolk County Police. These guys would fit perfectly on one of those old Earache Records Grindcrusher compilations. A raging reality check in a world of harsh truths.

See? I don't give a fuck, I'll use anything as an excuse to hook you up with free death metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment